Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Great Geek Hunt

Greetings, fellow gamers.

After 25 years as a GM, I find myself with time for a regular group and too few local gamer friends to form that group. Other than playing a few games a month or so, my evenings are free. I'd like to find a group to play on a weeknight from 6-10, though I am open to lots of ideas involving the right group of players.

However, I no longer enjoy most combat intensive miniature games, so I don't run 4E anymore. I would like to run Savage Worlds, Fate, and a smattering of other games of the indie/story game variety, like Don't Rest Your Head, Primetime Adventures, Icons, Wushu and Fiasco. In terms of content, I am ready to run anything from Weird Wars: WWII to Spirit of the Century, Vampires, Werewolves or Star Wars. Super heroes? Bring it. As long as I can use a rules-light, story driven system. I am looking for a group that is willing to try new games and who enjoy characters and story over killing and looting. Those things are cool in small doses, but I am ready for a big dose of drama, player participation, creativity, and cinematic action.

I am willing to travel for the right group, but ideally we could meet within a half hour of Sacramento. If any players out there are interested, please reply, post or send me an email and we can put a game together. I can probably rally one or two people to the table on my own, depending on the night of the week.

Thanks for reading.



Published works:
"Cold Snap" in Lords of Justice
"Blood, like Roots" in Flashing Swords #12

No comments: