Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I even FEEL like a Winner

At the beginning of the night, around 6pm, I had 41,311 words of my nanowrimo novel done. I contemplated cheating. There's a word counter, but it doesn't take much to cheat, so it's really a word of honor type thing. You don't win anything other than a banner to put on your blog or web site, and of course bragging rights.

But I didn't cheat. I also didn't really want to give up my Tuesday night game again. I wanted to finish. I wanted to get the damn thing done.

So I did. My fingers ache. There are tears of joy streaming down my face. I can't really believe it.

8,739 words, and a great deal of sex, death gigantic battles, bloody vengeance and a zombie apocalypse later... I have completed my third National Novel Writing Month. I am a Wei-nar!

The very very very rough draft of The Necromancer's Apprentice has been born. Some day, it might even be ready for someone else to read. lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations !
so very few of us end, what we begin.

Anonymous said...

congratulations !
so very few of us end, what we begin.