Friday, September 14, 2007

Escape Pod 123

Today's Escape Pod story was "Niels Bohr and the Sleeping Dane" by Jonathan Sullivan.

It was a great story with both science and fantasy, brains and heart. The research and diction were spot on, turning a compelling story into a vivid, engrossing one.

I could have gone either way on this story, but when the bullets started flying, I realized just how much I cared about the characters and their relationships. The golem at the end was a little predictable, given the setup, but the action and resolution were satisfying.

Great story, Mr. Sullivan.

Escape Pod is easily my favorite podcast, and is one of a small group that I listen to right away when they come out. I am a financial supporter of the podcast and I urge anyone who reads this (lol) to check it out at www.escapepod.org.

No comments: