Friday, September 28, 2007

The Second Rat

So through Escape Pod, I checked out the site for author David Barr Kirtley and found a link to another free audio show, MechMuse, and his story The Second Rat.

Wow.

My favorite short stories are ones with a different twist to them that somehow make the reader appreciate life in a new and profound way. This was a story like that.

I don't want to give much away, but the basic idea is about a guy who can 'rewind' time and live parts of his life over again, and again, and again, if he wishes. This story blew my mind. So far, Kirtley is 3 for 3 with me. He writes stories that matter in the way I want my stories to matter. Much work to do.

Speaking of which, I am still struggling with The Zombie King and Mr. Cook. Looking at a complete revision. But at least I spent some time on it and rearranged things. I really want to get it in shape so I can focus on NaNoWriMo and the Neverwoods.

No comments: